Friday, March 27, 2015

A Post from My Son Carson!

My son was intrigued by this blog of mine; he is 8. So he wanted me to type a message to all of my readers:

(From Carson):
"I love my mommy she is the best mom in the universe and the galaxy!
:):):):):):):):):):):) she makes me happy."
--------------------

OK, honestly... I had NO idea that Carson was going to type that message just now. It melts my heart to see my big boy type on my computer/blog, a sweet message to me from his heart. That's what being a mom is about. Love unconditionally. Trust. Dependability. Have faith in your children. Give guidance and set boundaries while giving them freedom to learn. Try to trust your own choices.

And for me, one of the most difficult things is to just "let it be;" just let them play and work out their own differences; let them make mistakes and learn; let them skin their knees (not doing things dangerously of course, but I tend to get very anxious and protective), and being there for them to fix the boo-boos.

Well, any boo-boos I may have had today are all fixed. I kissed my babies goodnight, and they both told me they love me, just like every other night. The best moments in my day are when my kids and husband say "I love you" -- and we are a family who says "I love you" to each other A LOT. We also say "Sorry" and "I forgive you" a lot, too.

Have a splendid weekend!



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment